It's Mid-January, What's More Important than your Goal or Resolution
Luke Skywalker: “I don’t believe it.” Yoda: “And that is why you fail.”
— Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back
Happy New Year! Welcome to our new readers and welcome back to all of our previous readers, from around the globe! I’m very excited to be writing to you again, on the cusp of having launched a new website, new programs and a whole new approach within Your Wellness Partner!
As we enter into mid-January (already!), I want to check in…did you make resolutions? Set goals for your health and well-being? Make some promises to yourself about your life and experiences you desire in 2019?
If you did, why? If you didn’t, there’s still time!
I believe that when people set goals or declare resolutions, they are inspired, excited and authentically want to achieve the outcomes to those goals. But did you know according to Forbes.com, that only 8% (YES – 8%) achieve their new year’s resolutions!? That’s an astoundingly low number.
In my experience working with people, it seems that often, when we declare something that sounds like ‘a good idea’, or we decide to jump on someone else’s goal bandwagon, oftentimes, the goal isn’t achieved or if it is, the level of satisfaction is somewhat anti-climactic.
Why is that? I’m glad you asked!
I believe, in order to truly reach unprecedented goals or experience ourselves newly, we need to dig deeper. We need to examine the WHY behind our goals. Why are we choosing these goals? Why will these goals be a positive addition to my life? Why do I want to do this? WHY!!
What is your WHY??
This is also true when enhancing our health and well-being. I work mostly with clients that experience chronic and often life-long navigation of autoimmune conditions. The journeys are often challenging. Digging deep and knowing the WHY embedded in those journeys provides the stamina and commitment needed to restore themselves to optimal health in the midst of many challenges.
Want to truly achieve your goals and resolutions?
Here are a few solid tips:
1) Determine YOUR why? Why did you choose what you chose?
2) Write down your WHY and write down the goals that support it (they should be specific and measurable).
3) Post them on your mirror, in your car, at your desk, on your pillow…anywhere that you will see them often EVERY day.
4) Share them with other people. Having a community to support you and hold you accountable will enhance your likelihood of success.
5) Take daily, small, consistent actions that are aligned with your goals. Focus on the experience that leads you to your goal. Having a positive experience along the way will lead to greater satisfaction at the end.
And if you are truly committed to achieving what you declared and promised to YOURSELF, have a coach to hold you accountable!
I am always honored and thrilled to support, guide and coach people, in a compassionate and accountable manner, to achieve your dreams, reach your goals and live a vibrant, vital and fulfilling life.
I look forward to connecting with you throughout the year. As always,
Wishing you wellness,